Top 10 Absolute Biggest First Date Mistakes Men Make – First Date Don’ts For MenOn by
Don’t Do these thing on a first date guys… well any date really.
10. Don’t complain. Even if the waitress forgets your special instructions and doesn’t refill your drink, let it roll off your back. If you’ve had a terrible day at work, don’t mention it. No woman wants a first date to be so negative, and she certainly doesn’t want to spend her time with someone who can’t make lemons out of lemonade. I mean you are out on a date with her, so how bad can things be, right? First dates should be fun, so let the fun flow.
9. Don’t over compliment her. Now, I know you’ve probably heard that you cannot complement a woman enough, but this just isn’t true. There is always a limit, especially on a first date. Don’t get me wrong we love to receive compliments, but too many makes you guys seem fake, insincere, and even a little desperate. Like how many complements does it take till you get into my pants? That’s what I’d be thinking. Please give your woman compliments, but don’t over do it, even if you can think of a million. Save some for the future.
8. Don’t tell lies. Yes, unfortunately it must be written. Lying is never ok, unless your date asks questions, such as “do you think that girl is prettier than me?” Hopefully, your lady doesn’t put you on the spot like this, but it happens. This would be an example of when it’s okay to tell a little white lie. What I’m talking about here, is don’t lie about yourself or others. Don’t tell her you won a gold metal in your karate tournament when in fact it was silver. If the relationship works out, she may later learn the truth, and you will regret all those little lies you told in the beginning.
7. Don’t be late. Guys be on time. Whether you are picking up your date at her house, or meeting her somewhere, please arrive on time. Never keep a lady waiting on you, it’s very discourteous. Arriving late tells the woman that your date isn’t important to you and therefore she isn’t important. If you don’t have a real legitimate reason for being late, you might not get a second date. Hey, here’s a thought, arrive a few minutes ahead of schedule. Getting there 4 or 5 minutes before you’re supposed to doesn’t make you an eager beaver, it says you were looking forward to spending time with her, a great way to start racking up points early guys.
6. Don’t answer your cell phone. Guys, please turn the cell phones off while on your first date. If you work in an occupation that requires you to answer your cell phone at all times, make sure to explain this to your lady at the beginning of the date. There is nothing ruder than leaving your date to sit there and listen to your phone conversation. You are supposed to be focused on your date and not what you may be doing later with your friends. To me, this would say that you may be used to hanging with your friends 24/7 if you can’t go one date without chatting with them. Women want to feel like they’re important to you and worth your attention.
5. Don’t get physical. Speaking from my own previous first dates, this cannot be stressed enough. Most women don’t like to get too physical on the first date, so you should abstain from constant touching and talk of anything physical. Please don’t tell her what you would like to do to her. Even if your mind stays in the gutter, which hopefully it doesn’t but I’m a realist, don’t go there on the first date. Your date will start to think you’re only interested in her for that one thing, even if that’s not true. Most woman don’t want to be thought of as sex objects.
4. Don’t drink too much. Guys this is a big no no. Please limit your first date drinks to one or two. No woman wants to date a drunkard and if you can’t get through a first date without getting buzzed, then you may have a drinking problem. No guy makes a better first impression when he’s had too much to drink. You certainly don’t want your date to have to drive you home. Personally, my advice would be to wait and see what your lady orders to drink and follow suit. If she doesn’t order an alcoholic drink, then maybe you should refrain also.
3. Don’t talk about yourself too much. I know it can be difficult finding things to talk about on a first date, but please don’t make the entire date about you. Yes, we ladies do want to get to know you, but there should be an equal exchange of information. If you are having a hard time making conversation, you can ask her questions about herself, but not too many or any really serious questions. Don’t interview your date. First date conversation should be light and fun, talk about the circumstances of how you met, TV shows, hobbies, and the atmosphere around you.
2. Don’t stare at other women. I can say from personal experience there’s nothing more aggravating than a man’s wandering eye. Yes, it’s natural for you guys to look at other women, but your gaze shouldn’t linger too long, it shouldn’t be obvious to your date or anyone else. This is very rude and disrespectful. Is it really too much to ask, especially on a first date, that you only pay attention to the one you’re with? I have faith you guys can control your wandering eyes and make good first impressions on your ladies.
1. Never say the words “I love you”. Guys, it’s never appropriate to use those words on the first date, no matter how well the date went, or how much you may like her. This is a big red flag to most women out there that you have no idea what love is, and would certainly send me running in the opposite direction. It’s wise to keep talk of your feelings light and flirtatious, and not get too serious too soon. And come on, can you really love someone after the first date? Good luck getting that second date if you happen to blurt out anything even close to “I love you” on your first date.